Ikon partners with AccessEAP to offer a free 24/7 wellbeing and counselling service. Students are encouraged to book a call with a qualified counsellor at any time and can also access immediate help for urgent matters.
- Personal issues
- Financial and legal concerns
- Trauma, grief and loss
- Improving relationships
- Communication skills
- Depression and anxiety
- Facing crisis and trauma
- LGBTQI+ support
- Missing home and family
Students are encouraged, as early as possible and ideally before studies are affected, to access this confidential service. Appointments can be booked through the Student Wellbeing Support Hub on Canvas.
Academic Learning Support (ALS) helps students realise their learning, studying and academic potential. Ikon’s study skills services and resources are available to all students from the very beginning of their studies right through to graduation. The ALS online platform has been developed to help you establish effective study practices from the onset of your learning at Ikon and to ensure that you are aware of the expectations when it comes to the more formal part of your learning and assessments. The resources are continuously being updated to ensure you have all the necessary information and advice to help you succeed in your studies.
The ALS online platform provides resources to assist you with such topics as:
- Time management and planning your study
- Reading techniques and strategies
- Academic integrity and referencing
- Academic writing skills
- Research skills
- Understanding assignment types and task requirements
Live online workshops on these topics are also offered periodically throughout the trimester. You can register to join these workshops through the ALS platform.
Ikon partners with Studiosity to provide additional study support to students during the trimester. Studiosity’s dedicated tutors can answer your study-related questions and provide fast feedback for your assignment drafts before you submit. You can connect live or send your written assignment for consultation with a Studiosity tutor through the ALS online platform.
Student Experience Team
We are dedicated to supporting and guiding you through your journey with us at Ikon. Each member of our Student Experience Team is highly experienced and can answer your queries such as:
- Timetables and Attendance
- Enrolment Options / Study Plans /Academic Progression
- Special Consideration
- Reasonable Adjustment
- Submissions / Marking / Resulting / Grades
- Deferral / Withdrawal / Exit Points
- Guidance through your Student Portal
- RPL / Credit
- Referral to student support services
- Printing, copying, access to on-campus computers
- Appeals / Remittance of Fees
- Public Transport Concession Card
Note we operate as a national team so although we are based at different campuses, we can support all students nationwide.
We can be contacted Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm by:
Telephone – 1300 000 933
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Or just drop into campus and say g’day!
Our orientation week (O-week) program has been developed to equip you with the tools to succeed at Ikon, and to ensure that all our students have equivalent opportunities for a successful transition into and progression through their course of study, irrespective of their educational background, entry pathway, mode or place of study.
During O-week, we conduct a number of orientation sessions covering:
- behaviours that we expect of you as a condition of your enrolment
- important dates
- key locations on campus
- Ikon facilities
- Student academic and wellbeing services
- Health and safety on campus, including emergency procedures
- Sexual assault and sexual harassment policies
- safety and security online
- student Experience Team contact details
- question time
- social activities
- tour of the facilities including the library
- academic preparedness
- Key learning outcomes
- Academic integrity and misconduct
- Scholarly writing
- Sourcing literature
- Software and materials required for the course
- Tips for study techniques
- Key staff contact details
It is compulsory for all new students to attend O-week. But more importantly, it will ensure that you will transition successfully into your studies at Ikon!
The Student Handbook contains information on services, facilities, resources available to students, contact details for key members of staff at Ikon, and other relevant information to assist you with your studies. You will be provided with a copy of the handbook during your orientation, and it can also be found in the Student Hub in Canvas.
Grievances and Appeals
At Ikon, we are determined to ensure you have a great experience and are successful in your studies. We are committed to providing you with the support you need to feel safe and supported while you study with us. If you have a grievance or complaint please see a member of our Student Experience Team. We will always endeavour to find a solution for you, but if you don’t feel satisfied with the outcome, there is a formal Grievance and Appeals policy and procedure available to all students.
If you wish to lodge a complaint or concern about Ikon, you can contact the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency
Students have access to a range of on-campus facilities.
A quite space with a range of resources that may also be borrowed.
Available for students to study and have lunch. A fridge and microwaves are available for use.
All campuses have full student Wi-Fi access. Login details are available during orientation.
More details of the facilities provided at our campuses can be found here.
Ikon is committed to providing reasonable adjustments to ensure equal opportunity and participation for students with additional needs that may affect the student learning experience. If you have additional needs, you may be entitled to reasonable adjustments to learning resources, learning environment, teaching method or assessment conditions. Please speak with a member of the Student Experience Team so that we can work with you to provide practical, individualised support to assist you to succeed with your studies.
Emergency Contact Details
If you are witnessing an emergency or a crime, dial 000. This number is free, and it will direct you to the police, fire, and ambulance services.
Stay calm, don’t panic, and contact the campus Student Experience team as soon as possible.
Useful telephone numbers
- Police Assistance Line (24 hrs) 131 444
- Crime Stoppers (24 hrs) 1800 333 000
- Health Direct Australia (24 hr health advice) 1800 022 222
- Legal Advice Hotline (7am to midnight, 7 Days) 1300 636 846
- Poisons Information Centre 13 11 26
- Australian Taxation Office 13 28 65
- Fair Work Ombudsman 13 13 94
- Overseas Students Ombudsman 1300 362 072
- Department of Home Affairs 131 881
- Australian Human Rights Commissions 1300 656 419
- Rape Crisis and Sexual Assault Hotline
- Adelaide 1800 817 421
- Brisbane 1800 010 120
- Melbourne 1800 806 292
- Perth 1800 199 888
- Sydney 1800 424 017
- 1800 RESPECT NATIONAL COUNSELLING HELPLINE 1800 737 732
Equity and Diversity
At Ikon, we value diversity of knowledge thought, and experience and believe that a collaborative and inclusive culture is important for learning, teaching, and research. Equity in regard to representation of socio-economic status, gender, cultural diversity, indigenous Australians, disability, and sexual orientation is important to a fair and just Ikon community and a broader just society.
We provided support for specific equity groups including:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- people from lower socio-economic backgrounds
- people with disability
- people from remote, rural, or isolated areas
- people who are the first in their family to attend a university or other higher educational institution
- people from non-English speaking backgrounds
- women, especially in areas of study where they have been under-represented
- people who identify as being LGBTQIA+
We are dedicated to ensuring that all our students have an equal opportunity to fully participate in their education and succeed in their chosen course of study.
If you would like to know more, please talk to a member of our Student Experience team.
Start Your Journey With Ikon!
Click below to start the application process