Counselling services are available to students for psycho-emotional support and therapeutic intervention. These services are available online and on campus. To make a booking please head to your Student Hub on Canvas.
The benefits of this include:
- Familiarising yourself with therapeutic approaches.
- Learning new behaviors and/or responses which can help you to achieve your goals (which can support the kind of life you would like to have).
- Understanding your own thoughts, feelings and responses better.
- Developing skills and understanding for improving relationships.
- Working towards greater self-understanding and fulfillment.
- Tuesday – 10.30 am – 4.30 pm
- Friday – 10.30 am – 4.30 pm
- Tuesday – 9.30 am – 4.30 pm
- Wednesday – 9.30 am – 4.30 pm
- Thursday – 10am – 4pm
- Friday – 10am – 4pm
- Tuesday – 10 am – 2 pm
- Wednesday – 9 am – 2 pm
Academic Support helps students realise their learning, studying and academic potential. The team is available to all students from the very beginning of their studies right through to graduation. There are online resources available which are currently being updated for next year. An individual 1:1 session (30mins) can be booked with a team member anytime and this is done via the support page on Canvas.
Study Skills Resources have been developed for students in establishing good study practices from the onset of your learning at Ikon and to ensure that you are aware of the expectations when it comes to the more formal part of your learning and assessments. This can be found on your Student Hub.
While the team has individual specialties, any one of them can assist in areas such as:
- Study habits, time management, procrastination
- Understanding an essay or assignment task
- Essay planning, writing, and editing
- APA-7 referencing
- Discussing key concepts related to specific subjects
- Using and integrating lecturer feedback for assignments.
- And more
To book an appointment login to your student hub on Canvas. For any questions please contact 1300 000 933.
The wellbeing coordinator is the first point of contact for student issues. They can help you with the following:
- Referral to Counselling or Academic Support
- A point of contact when you are i immediate need of mental health support
- In cases where you have issues with teachers, staff or students
Meet the Wellbeing Coordinator
In addition to her academic role at Ikon, Rebekah (Bek) works two days a week as the wellbeing coordinator.
Bek is a creative arts and equine-assisted psychotherapist based in the Adelaide Hills region. As a registered NDIS provider, her client base is diverse. She works extensively in the realms of autism, mood and personality disorder, depression, anxiety, trauma, complex grief, addictions and various disabilities.
Following a 16-year career as a digital producer in the arts and creative media industry, she qualified as a creative arts therapist in 2012. She holds an Advanced Diploma in Transpersonal Art Therapy, a Graduate Diploma in Art Psychotherapy and is currently undertaking her Masters in Counselling and Psychotherapy. Rebekah is also a certified equine-assisted psychotherapist, working with horses as her therapeutic assistants.
Student Experience Team
All our Experience Team Members are dedicated to support and guide you all through your journey at Ikon.
Each of us is highly experienced and can answer your query such as:
- Timetables and Attendance
- Enrolment Options / Study Plans /Academic Progression
- Special Consideration
- Reasonable Adjustment
- Submissions / Marking / Resulting / Grades
- Deferral / Withdrawal / Exit Points
- Guidance through your Student Portal
- RPL / Credit
- Referral to student support services
- Printing, copying, access to on-campus computers
- Appeals / Remittance of Fees
- Public Transport Concession Card
Note we operate as a national team so although we are based at different campuses, we can support all student nationwide.
Other Student Support Services
The Ikon Institute of Australia is committed to providing a supportive and positive environment for all members of its community and beyond. This extends to providing student support throughout the entirety of a students’ journey with us, through the provision of the following services:
All students are expected to attend the Ikon Institute’s orientation program in their first week. The orientation program involves familiarisation with the campus, facilities and study skills.
All students are provided with a copy of the Student Handbook during their induction at Ikon Institute. The handbook contains information on services, facilities and resources available to students, contact details for key members of staff at the Ikon Institute and other relevant information in assisting students with their studies.
Policies and Procedures
All Ikon students have access to a range of on-campus facilities.
All Ikon students have access to a library of resources which may be borrowed.
Available for students to study and have lunch. A fridge and microwaves are available for use.
All Ikon facilities have full student Wi-Fi access. Login details are available during orientation.