Fees & Payment Options
Ikon’s courses are priced by subject or module.
Tuition fees can be paid via monthly / periodic payments through a Direct Debit or full upfront payment.
Ikon’s higher education courses are approved for FEE-HELP. For more information about FEE-HELP, visit the StudyAssist website.
The following courses are Austudy/Abstudy approved:
- Bachelor of Arts Therapy – CRS1400328
- Bachelor of Counselling and Psychotherapy – CRS1400329
- Diploma of Counselling – CHC51015
- Diploma of Youth Work – CHC50413
- Diploma of Youth Justice – CHC50513
Please apply directly to Centrelink for information on eligibility.
For more information visit: www.centrelink.gov.au
Ikon’s Centrelink reference number is 5P241
STATEMENT OF TUITION ASSURANCE EXEMPTION
- Tuition assurance protects students in the event a course of study provided by an approved HELP provider ceases to be provided after it starts but before it is completed.
- As an approved higher education provider under the Higher Education Support Act 2003, Proteus Technologies Pty Ltd, Trading as the Ikon Institute of Australia ABN: 95 112 989 581 ACN: 112 989 581 must meet the tuition assurance requirements or be exempt from those requirements.
- It is intended that, from 1 January 2018, Proteus Technologies Pty Ltd, Trading as the Ikon Institute of Australia will be exempted from the requirement to meet the tuition assurance requirements. Instead, Proteus Technologies Pty Ltd, Trading as the Ikon Institute of Australia is required to comply with interim arrangements which ensure similar tuition assurance protection is provided to students.
- This statement sets out the interim arrangements for tuition assurance that will apply from 1 January 2018 and Proteus Technologies Pty Ltd, Trading as the Ikon Institute of Australia’s obligations from that date.
- If any changes occur to the proposed arrangements outlined below, a revised statement will be provided on Proteus Technologies Pty Ltd, Trading as the Ikon Institute of Australia’s website and advised to all students that have enrolled in the intervening period.
What happens if Proteus Technologies Pty Ltd, Trading as the Ikon Institute of Australia ceases to provide a course of study?
Information for affected students
- Proteus Technologies Pty Ltd, Trading as the Ikon Institute of Australia will notify affected students in writing that a course of study is no longer provided within 2 business days after Proteus Technologies Pty Ltd, Trading as the Ikon Institute of Australia] ceases to provide the course.
- As soon as practicable, Proteus Technologies Pty Ltd, Trading as the Ikon Institute of Australia will also update its website to reflect that the course is no longer being delivered and to give students information about the tuition assurance arrangements.
- Affected students may choose either course assurance arrangements or apply to Proteus Technologies Pty Ltd, Trading as the Ikon Institute of Australia for a re-credit of their HELP balance.
- The Commonwealth Department of Education and Training (the Department) (or a consultant engaged by the Department) will work with affected students to identify a replacement course and arrange for students to be placed with a second provider.
- Replacement courses must meet the following requirements:
- the course must lead to the same or comparable qualification as the original course;
- the mode of delivery of the replacement course must be the same as or, with the student’s consent, similar to the mode of delivery for the original course;
- the location where the replacement course is primarily delivered must be reasonable, having regard to the costs of, and the time required for, a student’s travel; and
- the student will not incur additional fees that are unreasonable and will be able to attend the replacement course without unreasonable impacts on the student’s prior commitments.
- Affected students will be offered a replacement course and may seek a review about whether the course offered to them meets the requirements for replacement courses.
- A student who accepts the replacement course offered will not be required to pay the second provider for the replacement components of the replacement course. However, the fees payable for the remainder of the replacement course may be different from the fees payable for the original course.
- The student will also receive course credits for parts of the original course successfully completed by the student, as evidenced by a copy of a statement of attainment or other Australian Qualifications Framework certification document issued by the course provider or an authorised issuing organisation in accordance with the Australian Qualifications Framework.
- Each affected student will have a period of six (6) months in which to accept the replacement course offer. The Department may extend that period in circumstances that justify an extension.
- If an affected student enrols in a course that is not a replacement course, the student may be required to pay additional tuition fees, and might not receive the course credits the student would have received if the student had enrolled in a replacement course.
Re-credit of HELP balance
- Where the student prefers to apply for a re-credit of their HELP balance for the affected parts of the original course, the student may nominate the Department (or a consultant engaged by the Department) to make the application on the student’s behalf.
- Proteus Technologies Pty Ltd, Trading as the Ikon Institute of Australia will consider students’ applications as soon as practicable and notify them of the decision about the application, together with a statement of reasons for the decision. If an application for a re-credit is accepted, the amount re-credited will be equal to the amount of HELP assistance received by the student for the affected units of study.
- It is suggested best practice for students to retain assessments, records of competencies or statements of attainment that they receive from their education provider.